Description of the municipality
In Igea, the primary sector predominates: agriculture (olives, almonds, grapes, fruit trees and market garden vegetables), which uses a press located on the River Linares, and stockbreeding (sheep, goats and pigs), while among other sectors the important ones are the furniture factories, construction companies, quarries and olive presses.
A few years ago, Igea had the highest concentration of olive trees in La Rioja, reaching a figure of 36,000 over around 180 hectares. This has fallen to around half that figure, due to the rise of olive oil as a key element of the Mediterranean diet.
- Palacio del Marqués de Casa Torre
- Iglesia de la Asunción
- Centro de Interpretación Paleontológica de La Rioja
- Yacimiento de La Era del Peladillo
- Tronco Fósil
- Phone 941 19 40 01
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Web http://www.aytoigea.org