Family owed winery in Galilea, Rioja Baja. Founded in 1998 by José María Nestares, vinegrower, to make wine from his vineyards planted at the beginning of the 80s with Tempranillo on a plateau between the valley of Ocón and the Jubera River.
The works in the vineyards aiming to get the best fruit, grapes of excellent quality that give identity to further work in the cellar, the primary objective to make the wines reflect their origin: the family vineyards, which provide regular crops of singular personality, making separately by each of the plots in order to respect the uniqueness of each vineyard.
Our wines represent these lands and vineyards of our parents, always linked to the family winemaking tradition, our work and small details.
- Segares Tempranillo: A wine that seeks to be a reflection of a variety tempranillo in pure, fresh, fruity.
- Segares Las Llecas: Joining Tempranillo, harvested at optimum maturity, the complexity acquired by the wine after resting in the cellar, as a faithful reflection of the personality of our vineyards.
- Segares Crianza: Perhaps the most classic of our wines, friendly, mature, but in balance between ripe fruit and aging notes.
- Segares Reserva: An elegant wine with good structure but perfectly integrated with its quite ageing period.
- Arzobispo Diego de Tejada: Our signature wine, a wine made with grapes from our vineyard "La Zapatera", pure expression and character.