25 years of recovering terrain and native grape varieties. Viña Ijalba owns around 85 hectares (this number increases slightly every year) of vineyards spread throughout the region surrounding Logroño, San Vicente de la Sonsierra and Valle del Najerilla. All our vineyards are planted on top of obsolete open cast mines in an effort to care for and restore the environment. Our wines are made with classical Riojan grapes as well as minority autochthonous grape varieties like Maturna Tinta and Maturana Blanca.
Built in 1991 and provided with the best technology on the market for the production of quality wine.
The winery is located on an old quarry and equipped with a very modern infrastructure in order to elaborate quality organic wines.
Viña Ijalba is innovation, research and development, differentiation and sustainability. The winery was constructed in 1991 and the building is modern with a focus on up-to-date technologies and processes in order to elaborate quality wine.
The winemaking bay has a capacity of 1,250,000 litres, with stainless steel tanks and wooden vats of French oak. The area boasts a pneumatic press, equipment for temperature control, carbonic maceration vessels and much more.
All the processes in the winery are being carried out with the utmost respect for the environment. We recycle waste and purify our waste water.
We harvest 70% manually with a rigorous grape selection in the vineyard, while the rest (30%) is mechanically harvested.
The wines are aged in 1.500 classical french and american oak barrels of 225 litres resting in the aclimatized subterranean barrel hall.
At Viña Ijalba, the principles of organic wine production are applied throughout the entire process and a focus on sustainability is always present.