The name Yécora first appears in 1058 (as ‘Lecora’), where there was a monastery called San Miguel de Biurco.
The agricultural sector employs 37% of the active population of Yécora, defining it as a rural municipality whose lands are dedicated to grape-growing.
The municipality has quite a tight and organic urban core, with the higher part occupied by the church, the main square and the neighbourhood of San Juan, with houses arranged in more or less parallel streets.
Iglesia de San Juan Bautista
Ermita de Santa María de Bercijana